Saturday 24 August 2013

Using BB Cream as a Primer

A little while ago I went to Shopper's to pick up some BB cream. I had done my research and I read so many great reviews about L'Oréal Paris' Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream so I picked it up. I gave it a try and as a BB cream, it did not work at all for me. 


If you can read the label on the picture above, it promises to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. Only two of those promises came true in my case. I'm not sure if it is just because of my skin type or skin colour, or if it's just the product, but it did not perfect or correct my skin in a way that a BB cream should. 


Above is a swatch of the BB cream. Unlike most BB creams, it's not even skin coloured which made me a bit suspicious of the effectiveness of this product.

Although two if the promises did not come true, the other two did. This BB cream in particular works wonders as a primer. It keeps my foundation on longer, and my eye and skin makeup looks less creased and smudged. Also, a little goes a long way, be careful not to use to much or you can get a weird sandy residue on your face. You'll know when you've put too much on. It's hydrates well too, so I don't even have to moisturizer before I put my makeup on.  And the best part is that it's inexpensive. 

Lets take a look at Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It costs $20 and it is a 11 ml (0.37 US fl oz) tube, plus it's only for eyes. This BB cream costs $18, comes in a 30 ml (approx. 1 US fl oz) tube, and can be used all over your face. Of course, it being a BB cream, it may not be as effective as Urban Decay's primer, but it will definitely work for people on a budget, just like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment