Tuesday 23 July 2013

Covergirl 'Flamed Out' Mascara Review

So I was in Shopper's Drugmart a few months ago looking for new tweezers since I'd lost mine, and I found myself in the make up aisle (big surprise). Of course, me being myself, I walking out with a few beauty items, my favourite being Covergirl's new 'Flamed Out' mascara. I am literally in love with this mascara. In my personal opinion, it's better than Maybelline 'Falsies', and that's saying something. Here is a  picture of it, in case you haven't seen it yet.


I also thought I'd add pictures of the brush, so here it is:


I actually really like the design, I think it's really pretty! I would've expected it to be more edgy, considering it's called Flamed Out ad Pink is the spokesperson for it, but it's still pretty. I thought I'd add some pictures of how it actually looks on because whenever I read a review, I always think it's more effective if you can see the proof of how good the product is. The only make up I have on in these pictures is foundation and concealer. There is no other eye, face, or lip makeup on my face, so please ignore my ugly face and concentrate on my lashes!

Here is my ugly face with only foundation and concealer on.

Here is a creepy picture of my eyelashes without mascara on them

And another even creepier one.
I've applied the Flamed Out mascara to my right eye (the camera on my phone flips the image) and my left eye is bare. Look at that difference!

And here it is on both eyes.

NOW ONTO PROS AND CONS. YAY.

Pros
-give lots of length
-voluminous, as promised.
-only need one coat
-looks natural
-the shape of the brush makes the outer eyelashes bigger, making your eyelashes look super long
-brush grabs every lash
-lasts all day (no raccoon eyes)
-easy to wash off

Cons
-starts too look unnatural after more than one coat
-not waterproof

Tips and Comments
If you prefer clumpy lashes opposed to natural looking lashes, I would not recommend this product for you. I would recommend Maybelline Falsies. When you have a natural looking lash like this, I wouldn't recommend you go really heavy on the eyeliner, I think a thin liner close to the lash line would look really nice and natural. If you are going for the more bold look, again I would recommend Maybelline Falsies and doing a thick (not too thick) liner. Again, if you are going for a clumpy look, do not go for this mascara! More than one coat just ends up looking messy, not clumpy. Also, the applicator is bristle, not plastic, so if you dont like bristle applicators, then don't go for this mascara, but if you do, get this now!

I hope you found my review helpful! If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below with it and I'll try my best to answer them. Thank you for reading!


Hugs and Kisses

Prakriti





No comments:

Post a Comment